Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sailing from Newport Beach to Santa Barbara | Matador

"I started the motor and pointed the bow toward Santa Barbara to close the last few miles. Standing there at the wheel, dripping in my wetsuit, I caught a splash in the corner of my eye and turned to see six or more dolphins cruising by to see what all the noise was about. They started playing around the bow and I went up there and joined them. Before I knew it, a dozen more appeared on the horizon headed my way, and I shuffled back to the cockpit to get my camera. Arriving back at the bow, there were now two distinct parties playing in the bow wave, and two others holding off 100 feet or so. Some individuals would scoot off and rendezvous with the other parties, perhaps just saying hello, then return to the boat."

No comments: